Phil Keoghan, "The Amazing Race"


With "The Amazing Race" about to start its 12th season, Phil Keoghan was back on my show today to talk about what we can expect this year.

We talked about the teams (including the dating goths from Kentucky who wear pink), the couples who somehow believe going on The Race will help patch up problems in their relationships, the locations (some new ones this year), and how the producers have ramped up the pressure of the roadblocks and detours.

Add some stubborn animals, a change to the format of the race, and several eye-candy teams from California, and we're ready to hit the road with Phil and his gang of travelers.

In previous seasons, I have always started out pulling for whichever team includes a bald, middle-aged guy. Phil tried to assure me today that I'll have a few to choose from, but I'm not sure I believe him.

To see what I mean, listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!

Labels: ,