Now You're Just Fucking With Us

No one has ever, or will ever, called me "fashionable," and that's fine with me. I know nothing about fashion, and don't want to. I couldn't care less what the latest trends are in clothing. But every year once in awhile I'll see a photo of some new outfit a designer has presented to the world and think, "who in their right mind would wear that?"

Here's the latest example, as displayed today at Tokyo Fashion Week by a Japanese brand named Thibaut...

[photo by Splash News]

It's one thing to convince customers to buy distressed jeans with holes already in them or (to pick an example from last year) to market jeans with transparent knees -- but it's a whole other thing to come out with a pair of jeans that is nothing more than seams and a waist. Technically, I suppose, the empress has something on, but it just barely qualifies as clothes.

It occurs to me that, rather than paying what I'm sure is a ridiculously inflated price for this nonsense, you could probably make your own pair of thong jeans with any good pair of scissors.

But the only time you can wear them is on Extremely Casual Friday.

Labels: